click to show
click to hide

Citizens of Visa Waiver Program participant countries do not need a U.S. visa for business or tourism visits of 90 days or less, however they will have to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). For a list of VWP designated countries and how to apply for ESTA, please refer to the US Department of State’s website.


All other non-US-attendees will need to apply for their visas as soon as possible, at least three to four months in advance of the event start date. They are advised to request an invitation letter as early as possible by writing an email to info(at) stating their:

  • full name (as stated in passport)
  • date of birth
  • passport number

They will likely need to apply for a B-1 business visa (or for a combination of business and tourism (B-1/B-2), if applicable).



For more specific information on...


  • who needs to apply for a visa
  • how to apply for a visa
  • what to expect during the visa interview
  • causes for delays and denials


...please refer to the Travel to the United States info on the website of the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering & Medicine.

© 2019 PSE Conferences & Consulting GmbH. All rights reserved